UltraMedia staff picks
Use the following movies and music to showcase your system.
Mike Brock, Designer and Project Manager: try these movies for audio/video demos. They do a great job of utilizing all
the aspects of a great theater.
• The Fifth Element - “Regeneration” scene
• Open Range (opening rain scene and the gunfight)
• House of Flying Daggers
Luke Dixon, Systems Designer, suggests these movies to really see what your audio video system will do:
• Act of Valor - the gunboat scene
• Casino Royale
• Sea Biscuit - final race
• Avatar - for the deep, rich colors
• Music? John Legend, Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, Santana
Pat Johnson, President, likes the following:
• Open Range
• Flags of our Fathers
• Saving Private Ryan
• All Pixar animated movies (great for families)
Pat uses these concert videos to demonstrate the system’s audio/video combined:
• Santana’s Supernatural
• HDNet’s Friday Night Concerts
• Eagles’ Hell Freezes Over
One of the things Valerie Johnson enjoys about flat-screens is their dual function as art displays. The TV is no black hole when Pat and Val entertain. For years they have displayed interesting photos during a party. Now, there are high-definition DVDs offering everything from magnificent pictures of space to reproductions of the Masters.
Check these out for some
crystal-clear, dynamic ways to enjoy your special interests, or show off
your good taste!
• Space Spectacular – 60 eye-popping photos from the NASA archives
• Art of Leonardo Da Vinci – some classics, some pleasing surprises
• The Art of Claude Monet – his landscapes shimmer on the screen
• Exotic Saltwater Aquarium – all the beauty, and no maintenance
• The Amazing World of National Geographic – from cityscapes to insects
• 1,000 Places to See Before You Die – brilliant compositions and vivid hues
Another pick: HD-Net Concerts (www.hd.net/music.html). Better than being there.